UPRENT offers dewatering solutions that involve not only equipment rental, but also a full development of the project. The full development of the project involves accurate collection of the data and project design stage, which is followed by selection of the most suitable equipment and pumping systems according to the results of geological evaluation, according to client’s defined needs and wishes.
Dewatering solutions, provided by UPRENT, include the following benefits:
- Determination and monitoring of groundwater level (measures at the exact time)
- Flow and chemical composition measurements
- 24/7 supervision and task performance
- Discharge of extracted groundwater in long distance and its injection in the soils of adjacent territories
- Groundwater purification (solids, chemical elements and petroleum)
- Geologic and hydro-geologic measurements
After the selection of the most suitable equipment and elaboration of the project management design, it is very important to make a choice for the right technology used for a particular dewatering project. When the pumping system is composed, the performance of the system is being tested and risks for vacuum loss prevented.
The most common groundwater level control solutions in construction pits:
- Vertical wellpoint dewatering system is the most popular solution that is being employed in order to extract water from homogeneous and easily conducting groundwater soil. The rarefaction created by vacuum around the wellpoint filter can accumulate the liquid much more rapid than liquid that can be collected by the force of gravity.
- Vertical drainage system is suitable for simultaneous groundwater drainage from different levels. This solution allows to maintain stable shores at the construction pits and to successfully drain all soil levels simultaneously. This is a highly suitable solution for non-homogeneous soils where the soil levels are conducting groundwater poorly.
- Horizontal drainage system is being installed in the bed of the construction pit thus replacing level of soil that conducts the groundwater poorly, in most cases. In order to highly improve the pumping result the horizontal drainage can be combined with the vertical drainage system, which allows too accumulate the surface waters more quickly.
- The borehole system is used for dewatering sites in depths starting from -8 m and for long term projects over 6 months which results as very cost-effective solution. Thanks to the ability to pump the water directly from the lowest point of the borehole, which is in a depth of dozens of meters, it makes it possible to obtain very flat depreciation curve, thus ensuring the necessary level of groundwater on the construction site with very few and sparse boreholes.